Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Twins Arrival

So pictures really speak a thousand words and you can make your won story by looking at all of these. It was a wonderful yet very hard experience, but one I will cherish forever.  Tues at my Doc. appt I was already dialated to a 5 80% effaced and Kasons head was at -1 position. My midwife could not believe I wasn't in labor. So my labor went how I wanted it to. It was relaxed, easy, calm and my contractions were just cramps. It was great. By the time I got hooked up to my iv for Group B strep my contractions had gotten a little harder and things still moved well.  By the time I got to an 8 i was starting to hurt more and wasn't sure I could do it natural it=f it lasted a real long time but before I knew it I was ready to push. They wheeled me to the OR and it began.  I really don't like the OR, it was really hard to focus and relax in there. but I got Kason out in about 4 pushes and he was beautiful to me. It was well worth it.
Then all of a sudden a little hand came out before a head and the doc had to try to push it back. He tried to manually turn the baby so I could deliver( not fun by the way) but that didn't work. His heart rate droped and c-section was the only option, so I was put under and don't remember anything until I came to a few hours later.
I got to have Treyden after that but then Kason had to stay in the nursery because of breathing problems and fluid in his lungs. He ended up staying for 6 days going from having oxygen and tubes in his stomach and eating from iv's to me slowly being able to feed him as they took him off of everything. I am so grateful for technology and good doctors. I had wonderful nurses and have no complaints there.  It was a great experience even though it didn't turn out like I planned.  I am just grateful I have these two little guys in my life and that they chose me to be their mom. Thanks to all for the prayers in our behalf. On to new adventures!
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment